Herzen University was established in 1797. Today Herzen University has more than 18,000 students and hosts more than 3,000 international students. Education for international students is only full-time.
Herzen University offers more than 170 Bachelor's programs, more than 160 Master's programs and more than 90 Doctoral programs.
The language of instruction is Russian.
Center for Russian Language Programs "Russian House" is the first stage of international students' education at Herzen University. This is the place where highly skilled teachers will help you learn or perfect your Russian.
The most popular educational programs of Herzen University among foreign students are:
- academic programs of the Institute of Russian as Foreign Language offering highly professional training in Russian
- academic programs of the Institute of Psychology, offering training in Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Psychology and Teacher Education
- academic programs of the Institute of Pedagogy, offering training in Teacher Education, Psychology and Teacher Education and Social Work
- academic programs of the Institute of Special Pedagogy for the Physically and Psychologically Challenged, offering unique training in Special Education (for the Disabled)
- academic programs of the Institute of Economics and Management, offering training in Economics, Management, Tourism and Hospitality Management and Personnel Management